1. Home
  2. /
  3. Listings
  4. /
  5. Parque San José

Parque San José

In 1553, the Parroquía Nuestra Señora de la Merced was built in San Salvador. During the Republican era, the temple was destroyed by the earthquake of 1854, and once rebuilt it was known as "Nuestra Señora del Pilar" or "San José", a name that was also given to the small square located in front of it. It was again hit by another earthquake in 1873. At the end of the century the square was named "Manuel José Arce", although the inhabitants continued to call it "San José", and by 1911 a statue was erected in honor of José Matías Delgado, which was destroyed by the 1986 earthquake.

Schedule:

7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

2102-0413

Contact the property